- Create and develop structural steel models based on the contract documents using SDS/2 steel detailing software.
- Prepare fabrication (shop) drawings and erection drawings as required.
- Help to coordinate projects and/or check drawings prepared by others.
- Maintain a current working knowledge and understanding of the latest version of the AISC Steel Construction Manual as it relates to connection design, detailing practices, steel member dimensions and properties.
- Review contract documents to understand the project's scope and requirements, identify all potential areas of concern and prepare a Request For Information (RFI’s) as required.
- Interpret and incorporate Approval Comments, Contract Changes and other revisions into the scope of the project.
- Prepare all necessary lists, documents or files (shop & field bolts, galvanized pieces, CNC files, etc.) to the appropriate department in support of the project.
- 3+ years’ experience detailing structural steel using software SDS/2 or TEKLA Structures.
- Knowledge of AWS welding practices and procedures as well as a working knowledge of shop and erection equipment and practices.
- Some schooling or practical experience in reviewing/analyzing/interpreting professional drawings such as architectural, structural or mechanical drawings.
- Certified Engineering Technician or Technologist is an asset.
- Dedicated team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs.