- Create and develop structural steel models based on the contract documents using SDS/2 steel detailing software.
- Design bolted and welded joints for structural members.
- Prepare fabrication (shop) drawings and erection drawings as required.
- Help to coordinate projects and/or check drawings prepared by others.
- Maintain a current working knowledge and understanding of the latest version of the AISC Steel Construction Manual as it relates to connection design, detailing practices, steel member dimensions and properties.
- Review contract documents to understand the project's scope and requirements, identify all potential areas of concern and prepare a Request For Information (RFI’s) as required.
- Interpret and incorporate Approval Comments, Contract Changes and other revisions into the scope of the project.
- Prepare all necessary lists, documents or files (shop & field bolts, galvanized pieces, CNC files, etc.) to the appropriate department in support of the project.
- Supervise a team of detailers.
- 5+ years’ experience with structural steel.
- Knowledge and experience with SDS/2 or Tekla, AutoCAD, DESCON and MATHCAD.
- Knowledge of AWS welding practices and procedures as well as a working knowledge of shop and erection equipment and practices.
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.